Are you located in Kyiv region?
Yes, that's right.
No, change the region.
One of the ways to protect your SIM card from fraud is personification (linking your passport data to your phone number).
Recently, cases of fraud with SIM cards have become more frequent in Ukraine. The anonymity of SIM cards leads to hackers replacing the cards of the subscribers, get access to personal accounts in internet banking systems and accounts on the Internet, skim money from cards, appropriate customer databases, redirect the customer flow, publish false information on account owners in social networks. Read more about the most common types of fraud and SIM card safety here.
To protect your SIM card from being used by criminals, we recommend that you personify your number, i.e. link your passport data to your number in the lifecell database. This will significantly complicate the SIM replacement procedure for ordinary fraudsters and will protect your bank cards and internet accounts.
Number personification is available when
1. You switch from a contract to an oral agreement and save your personal data.
How does it happen?
When you signed the contract, your passport data was entered into the lifecell database, but it is stored there only for the duration of the contract. If the contract is terminated, the personal data is destroyed. To protect your SIM card from fraud, we recommend that you save your personal data in the database when you switch to the terms of the oral agreement.
You can switch to the tariff with your data saved
2. When you provide your data when registering a number, but the registration process is not complete.
What is the difference between a personified number and a registered number?
Under the legislation, a registered number can be ported (transferred) to the network of another operator, but a personified number cannot. To go through with the porting (transfer) procedure, the personified number must be registered.
If you are already served under an oral agreement and want to protect your SIM card from fraud, we recommend registering your number.
3. You personalize your number when contacting the lifecell contact center by sharing documents from the Diia 2.0 app.
How does it happen?
1) A subscriber just needs to install the Diia 2.0 app (with a digital ID card or passport of the citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad) and call the lifecell contact center from his number.
2) The contact center consultant sends the subscriber a link to the official website https://www.lifecell.ua to read the terms and conditions of personal data processing and sends the subscriber a one-time password.
3) If the subscriber agrees to data processing, he tells the consultant the password from the SMS.
4) The consultant opens the personification form, selects the type of document (ID card or passport of the citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad), and asks the subscriber to dictate the numbers under the barcode from the Diia 2.0 app.
5) After entering these numbers into the system, the subscriber gives his consent in the Diia 2.0 app to the transfer of data to lifecell, and personification is considered complete. This step-by-step personification procedure is simple and takes only a few minutes.
Important! This method of personification is only available during an outgoing call from the number that the subscriber wants to personalize to the lifecell contact center. lifecell does not initiate calls to request any codes, barcodes, or passwords.
Please note that when processing personal data of the subscribers, lifecell:
- does not transfer personal data to third parties without the subscribers' consent;
- uses personal data for personalised communication in the process of providing telecommunications services and to improve the service.
Choose the region
Choose the district